GVD900 to control TRV9

3 replies [Last post]
mjbowers

I have a Sony TRV9 camcorder. I have just bought the Sony GV-D900 walkman. I have read the manual and I am attempting to control my TRV9 camcorder with the the GV-D900. I am trying to use the assemble editor that is built in the GV-D900. So far I have had no success in getting the GV-D900 to control the pause/record functions of the TRV9.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Gavin Gration

I am guessing here so forgive me if this is wrong.

The Sony 900 deck will most likely act as a player cueing up the clips you have marked, it will activate a connected record device (in this case your TRV9) as required to perform an assemble edit.

If your TRV9 has no DV input then it will not act as a record device.

As I said I am guessing, but I think it's a good guess.

Jan van der Meer

What you need is a special cable with on both sides a male Remote Lanc controle mini jack! Did you try this?

quote:Originally posted by mjbowers:
I have a Sony TRV9 camcorder. I have just bought the Sony GV-D900 walkman. I have read the manual and I am attempting to control my TRV9 camcorder with the the GV-D900. I am trying to use the assemble editor that is built in the GV-D900. So far I have had no success in getting the GV-D900 to control the pause/record functions of the TRV9.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Jan van der Meer
Founder Global-Digital Videographers Centre

mjbowers

quote:Originally posted by Jan van der Meer:
What you need is a special cable with on both sides a male Remote Lanc controle mini jack! Did you try this?

I do not have a remote Lanc cable. I know what kind of cable your talking about. Can you tell me where I can get one?