Glidecam HD-2000

6 replies [Last post]
David Garcia
David Garcia's picture

So I finally bought a Glidecam. The HD 2000 to be precise.

After 2 hours of fiddling with it I think I got something more or less decent... However my back is killing me!

I think you need to have arms like Popeye to hold this longer than 2 mins. God! who needs the gym?:eek:

Good thing I got it now before the summer so that I can practice before embarazzing myself in a wedding :D

FX Films
FX Films's picture

I must eat spinach then because I genuinely find my glidecam hd 2000 (with camcorder or dslr) light and easy! I love it to bits!

Now the irony is though, I sneezed earlier today and ended up at an osteopathic clinic with a case of locked spine!!! I wish i was joking... :S

David Garcia
David Garcia's picture

I must be weak then :(

Richard! thats terrible:eek:

Get better soon!

FX Films
FX Films's picture

Thanks .. Pumped up with painkillers coz a shoot in London tomorrow, damn!!

One thing I will say is, instead of putting lots of weights on and extending the pole (ooer), do the opposite (less weights, shorter pole)...hope that helps!

De Rienzo Films

Had one of those identical copied versions from India once. Fell apart after a few weeks and ended in the skip:D

Got to say I absolutely love the flexibility of the steadicam merlin for weddings. It's a super duper flying machine, and that's coming from someone who also ownns the pilot:)

It all gets easier in time and you will build muscles like popeye....

David Garcia
David Garcia's picture

Ok, thanks. We'll see how it goes.
I havent heard anyone complaining about the glidecam, so hopefully it will last me for a while.

Cheers!

ps: I guess my shooting arm will get bigger, the guiding one will need some work at the gym;)

David Garcia
David Garcia's picture

Ok, so I managed to take some footage.

Still lots to learn but Im quiet happy for a first ever attempt to move the glidecam.
I will practice more on next couple of weeks and hopefully be brave enough to use it on my next wedding

http://vimeo.com/21306559

Cheers